Committee Chair: Greg Wimmer (email)
Mission Statement: The Goose Hollow PLANNING Committee deals with questions of planning and development. It meets the first Tuesday of every month at 7 PM in room 210 of the First United Methodist Church at SW 18th and Jefferson.
Report: (July 2012) The planning committee meeting held July 12 focused on a possible high density residential development with some commercial parking on the MAC-owned Block 7 just South of the MAC Parking garage. Meeting minutes can be found here. None of the existing proposals have reported any progress that requires our study or any particular action.
- Jefferson Street Flats (20th & Jefferson): Final renderings (Mar. 15, 2013). Project has broken ground with completion by end of 2014. History -- Draft plans went to "Design Advisory Review" on Oct. 4, 2012. Design Commission Hearing submission (Feb. 7, 2013). Relevant parking agreements that may affect project dated 1994 and 2003.
- MAC Club Apartments (Block 7): The MAC has signed a binding agreement with Mill Creek Development for a 265 residential apartment unit, 391 parking stall development (picture)
- July 10, 2014: recommendation of the Hearings Officer to approve the zone change; the decision now goes to City Counsel for final approval.
- May 21, 2014: city hearing to rule on zone change application (Rm. 2500a of the Portland Building 1900 SW 4th Ave.)
- April 29: Special meeting of the GHFL Board to accept/reject zone change at Collins Hall 6:30pm at Methodist Church. In a split vote, the GHFL Board voted against the following motions: (1) opposing the zone change from RH to CX; and (2) supporting the zone change as presented in the application. (agenda) (public comment) (subcommittee report) (MAC-Mill Creek Presentation) (transcript)
- April 23: Final Block 7 Committee meeting at 7-9pm (Methodist Church). (meeting notes)
- March 27: Planning Bureau finds application to be complete.
- Feb. 4: Planning Bureau finds application to be incomplete.
- Jan. 14: Application for Zone Change submitted by developer (combined document here).
- Differences between RH and CX Zoning -- answers by Douglas Hardy (Sept. 5, 2013)
- DAR Advice Memo issued Aug. 30, 2013;
- preliminary plans submitted for DAR Aug. 15, 2013;
- Block 7 subcommittee meeting minutes from Oct. 3, 2012 with neighborhood concerns;
- Oregonian articles from 1985 detailing the controversy surrounding this block can be found here and here.
- 1981 testimony by the Multnomah Athletic Club (MAC) to City Counsel regarding future use of Block 7 found here.
- 1423 Columbia -- The planning committee is reviewing a proposed 4-story, 23 residential unit development with NO PARKING at the former site of a historic house. (May 12, 2014 Design Review) (permit set drawings) (design review submission)
- Fred Meyer Remodel: proposal here (Aug. 9, 2012), drawings and staff recommendations (Sept. 20, 2012)
- Morris Marks House: new proposal to move historic house adjacent to, or across SW 20th Ave. from the Jacob Kamm House.
- Vista Bridge Fence: Exercising emergency powers, a "temporary" suicide prevention barrier was approved by Commissioner Steve Novick and erected August 2013 for a cost of $236,000. The city has agreed in principal with State Historic Preservation Office to replace the temporary barrier within 5 years. Estimated cost of a permanent solution that respects the historic character of the Vista Bridge, including its protected view corridor, expected to exceed $3 million. Check the www.restorethevista.com website for further news.
- Central City Concept Plan here (Aug. 2012)
- West Quadrant Plan -- meetings Dec. 5 and Dec. 12, 2012 (event flyer)
Planning & Sustainability
- Central City 2035
- West Quadrant Notes (Dec. 2012)
- Central City Concept Plan (Aug. 2012)
- Goose Hollow Station Community PLAN and MAPS (1996)
- Goose Hollow Design Guidelines (1996)
- King's Hill Historic District Guidelines (2001)
- Urban Design Studio
- Design Center City (Discussion Draft for CC2035)
- Central Portland Plan Urban Design Assessment
- Hillsdale Community Plan Example
- West Burnside Enhanced Plan
- View Corridor Protection Plan (1991)
- Goose Hollow Long Range Plan (1990)
- Cap I-105 Vision Study or ASLA “Bridge the Divide” (Executive Summary and Final Report)
- AIA STITCH Competition -- March 2014
- Stadium Plan Report -- May 2000
- I-405 Strategy Team Final Report -- Sept. 2000
- (related July/August 2011 Urban Land article here)
Lincoln High School