Committee Chair: Alexis Ingram (email)
Members: Bob Arkes, Nicolas Clark, Casey Milne, Scott Schaffer (open invitation for new members!)
Mission Statement: To engage with neighborhood association members and recruit new members using various forms of media. Meetings are held 8am on the first Wednesday each month at the Artists Repertory Theater (1515 SW Morrison St). GHFL Communications Guidelines
Report: (September 3, 2014)
Attendees: Alexis Ingram, Chair; Mark Velky, Nicolas Clark, Scott Schaffer, Stephan Lewis
This month, we discussed ideas and projects to use the $750 in Communications Funds. These funds are provided to each neighborhood association as long as the project fits within the NWNW guidelines. To receive these funds, each neighborhood must submit a grant proposal, projected timeline and budget to NWNW by October 1.
Ideas that were generated at the meeting, to be presented to the GHFL Board at the September 18 meeting are:
- Use the funds to reimburse the GHFL for the unexpected expense of sending a postcard out announcing a special meeting (estimated cost - $500). Alexis is following up with NWNW to see if this is possible.
- Send a special postcard mailing to all Goose Hollow residents, asking them to sign up for membership and e-communications. This was done last year, and the results were highly successful.
The Committee also discussed final plans for the Neighborhood Picnic, assigned tasks to Committee members, and look forward to seeing everyone on Friday, September 5 at Providence Park.
The Committee continues to work on its strategic plan and vision for the future. We are outlining our mission, vision, values and goals and will continue to hone this document. Here is a link to the working draft of the document. (Scott, the current link is just perfect, thanks!)
The next meeting is on Wednesday, October 1 at 8am at Artists Repertory Theatre. We welcome any new interested individuals.
- Grant Application (2011-2012)
- Grant Approval (Dec. 23, 2011)
- Design Guidelines
- Sign Cap Options
- Letter to PBOT requesting action (March 28, 2013)
- FINAL REPORT (July 31, 2013)
Goose Hollow Banners