Committee Chair: Alexis Ingram (email)
Mission Statement: To engage with neighborhood association members and recruit new members using various forms of media. Meetings are held 8am on the first Wednesday each month at the Artists Repertory Theater (1515 SW Morrison St).
Report: (August 2013)
The Communications Committee met last week and had a brainstorm session to generate ideas for the $750 in Communications Funds. I wanted to share the ideas with the group in the hopes that others will chime in and that we can vote/decide on an idea by the September Board meeting.
Here are the ideas that we generated:
- Send a mailing of postcards to all the neighbors letting them know about communication efforts in the neighborhood, and how they can sign up to receive those communications
- Manufacture and install Goose Hollow signage on Highway 26 as drivers are coming in to Portland
- Purchase materials (clipboards, paper, pens, etc.) to create clipboard sign-up sheets to be located at various businesses in the neighborhood
- Create an event
- Create information bulletin boards at targeted locations in the neighborhood
Free ideas for increasing the number of email addresses:
- Gather emails at the GHFL picnic, the sign cap celebration event, Top Down
- Leave sign-up sheets with building managers
- Set up a booth/table at the Timbers Army Block Party (Stephan, any update on when this is happening?)
- Include a ‘Forward to a Friend’ blurb on the e-newsletters
One thing we also talked about was how to promote activities and events happening in the neighborhood that aren’t necessarily GHFL-related. These include things like the Northwest Film Center’s Top Down movie series on the roof of the deLuxe parking lot, the Portland Revels’ holiday performance, Timbers games, restaurant/happy hour specials, music events, etc. If anyone has ideas about how to best do this, we’d love to hear – either over email or at the Sept meeting.
- Grant Application (2011-2012)
- Grant Approval (Dec. 23, 2011)
- Design Guidelines
- Sign Cap Options
- Letter to PBOT requesting action (March 28, 2013)
- FINAL REPORT (July 31, 2013)
Goose Hollow Banners